Long time coming...
I have such a limited time to write any entries, and when I do, they don't get posted. It kind of sucks because now I have to backtrack or summarize quite a few rehearsals.
We've had our first run-through of the show. I've spent some time on stage in my underwear. We are slowly getting more and more of the actual set on stage. Things are really starting to take shape.
I'm still having issues with Sasha, although they are slowly working themselves out. My main notes have been to not be boring and to be louder. On Thursday, my last rehearsal until Sunday, during our first run through, I practically lost my voice trying to be loud. I really need to find the time to get voice lessons to learn how to use my diaphragm. I've been shown how to do it, it just doesn't come as easily for me, I guess. I'm thinking it may have something to do with my other problems... my muscle problems... because there are times when I can't even get my brain to communicate to my feet to do certain things. Voice lessons should really help. The only way I project now is if I completely change my voice into that faux "actor voice" that sounds pompous and ridiculous.
Everyone is making great steps in the progression of their characters. I love the scenes between Ali and Annie. I think my favorite scene in the play right now is the one which ends with Lena finding out that Boris is firing her. Jen, Ryan, Annie, and Ali have something great going on in that scene.
The stage for Boris's office, high above the main stage, has been constructed, and I now have some of my props. The addition of props is another big motivator when it comes to developing a character because things become more real. I have this rather large floodlight that I get to carry up the steps to Boris's office. I have to duck with it to get onto the stage, not that it's that big, but the way the set is constructed makes it a necessity. I really can't wait for the set to be completed.
I also can't wait for Wednesday when we get to sing The Moscow Express for the finale.
We've had our first run-through of the show. I've spent some time on stage in my underwear. We are slowly getting more and more of the actual set on stage. Things are really starting to take shape.
I'm still having issues with Sasha, although they are slowly working themselves out. My main notes have been to not be boring and to be louder. On Thursday, my last rehearsal until Sunday, during our first run through, I practically lost my voice trying to be loud. I really need to find the time to get voice lessons to learn how to use my diaphragm. I've been shown how to do it, it just doesn't come as easily for me, I guess. I'm thinking it may have something to do with my other problems... my muscle problems... because there are times when I can't even get my brain to communicate to my feet to do certain things. Voice lessons should really help. The only way I project now is if I completely change my voice into that faux "actor voice" that sounds pompous and ridiculous.
Everyone is making great steps in the progression of their characters. I love the scenes between Ali and Annie. I think my favorite scene in the play right now is the one which ends with Lena finding out that Boris is firing her. Jen, Ryan, Annie, and Ali have something great going on in that scene.
The stage for Boris's office, high above the main stage, has been constructed, and I now have some of my props. The addition of props is another big motivator when it comes to developing a character because things become more real. I have this rather large floodlight that I get to carry up the steps to Boris's office. I have to duck with it to get onto the stage, not that it's that big, but the way the set is constructed makes it a necessity. I really can't wait for the set to be completed.
I also can't wait for Wednesday when we get to sing The Moscow Express for the finale.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home