Friday, January 21, 2005

Coming along

Man, I don't think I have smiled as big in my entire theatrical career (not that it's been a long time)... watching the run through of the "Christian Charity" scene from BAT BOY (along with the song) was so motivating. If we can achieve that caliber throughout the show, this is going to blow Reno away... and to think we're only a week and a half into rehearsals (and they hadn't even practiced that scene or song since January 5th and 6th... they got to start early)

Donald is kicking ass as Bat Boy. He rarely gets to do anything during rehearsals at the moment, which I'm sure is pretty disappointing, but his character really comes into things during the second act, which we start working on Monday. My stuff is primarily in the first act, but I do a lot of talking in the second act.

I had my first solo vocal session with the musical director, Ted, last night. We went over "Parker's Epiphany," my "Hold Me, Bat Boy" parts (with the other 5 people singing the song), "Comfort and Joy", "Show You a Thing or Two," and "Dance with me Darling"... he seems pretty confident in me, so that made me feel good. I know my voice needs a lot of work, but I do a decent job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home