So ready!
Last night was the most amazing rehearsal ever--we finally got our band...and they kick ass!
We really didn't know how things were going to go. We were prepared for the worst by our directors. ("It's going to be a long night," "This is the start of hell week," "There is going to be a lot of stuff to work out with the band," "We'll have to stop to fix things...") The first thing we did with the band was do our warm-ups (this time singing "Hold Me, Bat Boy" rather than the usual "Comfort and Joy," which was funny since I start off both songs)... once the band kicked in for that opening, we were so energized. I couldn't stop smiling all night. This show is going to be something special. Anyone who comes to see it will be blown away by a lot of the numbers... but "Hold Me, Bat Boy" has this renewed excitement and the energy that Paul has been wanting all along, just from the addition of the band. We feel like rock stars during that song now. It's a great feeling.
I can't wait for rehearsal tonight! Bring on opening night, baby!
We really didn't know how things were going to go. We were prepared for the worst by our directors. ("It's going to be a long night," "This is the start of hell week," "There is going to be a lot of stuff to work out with the band," "We'll have to stop to fix things...") The first thing we did with the band was do our warm-ups (this time singing "Hold Me, Bat Boy" rather than the usual "Comfort and Joy," which was funny since I start off both songs)... once the band kicked in for that opening, we were so energized. I couldn't stop smiling all night. This show is going to be something special. Anyone who comes to see it will be blown away by a lot of the numbers... but "Hold Me, Bat Boy" has this renewed excitement and the energy that Paul has been wanting all along, just from the addition of the band. We feel like rock stars during that song now. It's a great feeling.
I can't wait for rehearsal tonight! Bring on opening night, baby!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home