Inadequacies
I hate not having my lines memorized yet. I feel like I'm letting everyone down. I have so much work to do with my character, that I should really be off book right now.
Last night we sat around watching the staging of "Another Dead Cow" for a couple of hours before moving into the "Christian Charity (Reprise)" where I got to go on stage but Malary, Donald & Giana had to remain in the audience--watching and waiting. After all of that, the four of us got to work some scenes... and I had to do my first scene.. which I didn't have off book very well at all. I kept going blank or skipping lines... I guess I was all right, but my acting wasn't worth shit. I'm getting a little scared as to whether I'll be able to pull off this role or not.
Tonight we're supposedly doing "Comfort and Joy." I have that song down, but not the scene leading up to it. We did that scene last night, too, but I was all over the place one again. Some parts are okay, others, umm... not so much.
I'm thankful that Paul and Ted have decided to work with "The Family of Four" on Mondays during the extra hour and fifteen minutes. I will feel so much better about things once stuff is solidified. I have a hard time coming up with things on my own, so some good solid direction would be great right about now.
In other news, I may be getting on the nerves of several people with my picture-taking. I used to have a camera with me at all times back in the day--either my video camera or a disposable camera--but I stopped about a year and a half ago because people were getting annoyed by it. I've only had my camera for a few days this time (and haven't even completed a full roll) and people are already complaining... Maybe I'll bring in my video camera tonight and see what they say... heh. I'll keep you posted.
Last night we sat around watching the staging of "Another Dead Cow" for a couple of hours before moving into the "Christian Charity (Reprise)" where I got to go on stage but Malary, Donald & Giana had to remain in the audience--watching and waiting. After all of that, the four of us got to work some scenes... and I had to do my first scene.. which I didn't have off book very well at all. I kept going blank or skipping lines... I guess I was all right, but my acting wasn't worth shit. I'm getting a little scared as to whether I'll be able to pull off this role or not.
Tonight we're supposedly doing "Comfort and Joy." I have that song down, but not the scene leading up to it. We did that scene last night, too, but I was all over the place one again. Some parts are okay, others, umm... not so much.
I'm thankful that Paul and Ted have decided to work with "The Family of Four" on Mondays during the extra hour and fifteen minutes. I will feel so much better about things once stuff is solidified. I have a hard time coming up with things on my own, so some good solid direction would be great right about now.
In other news, I may be getting on the nerves of several people with my picture-taking. I used to have a camera with me at all times back in the day--either my video camera or a disposable camera--but I stopped about a year and a half ago because people were getting annoyed by it. I've only had my camera for a few days this time (and haven't even completed a full roll) and people are already complaining... Maybe I'll bring in my video camera tonight and see what they say... heh. I'll keep you posted.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home