Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Creeping towards off book

I am thoroughly enjoying BAT BOY.

Last night we ran ACT II as Off Book as we could possibly be. Thankfully, I did an okay job (I only needed help with my monologues at the end of the show).

The show as a whole is looking very good for having a couple of weeks of rehearsal under our belt. When looking at it in the same way I look at UNR shows, I would say we were about on target. UNR gives a month to get a show up--even a musical. With BAT BOY, we now have over a month to polish what we have already accomplished... a completely framed show (albeit with some holes in the choreography).

Donald scares the crap out of me in act two. The stuff he does during the song Apology to a Cow...I'm just glad I don't have to be out in the audience to watch him every night. My heart couldn't handle it. I've had to see it 3 times now (at least) and every time I get the same feeling of "Oh my God, Please don't kill yourself."

I think my friends will find it amusing that I play a drunk throughout most of the musical. It provides for some fun moments... and I've never played drunk on stage before, so I'm trying my best to pull it off (since I've rarely ever been drunk in real life). I'm going to have a ball playing Dr. Parker for the run of the show, and I hope the audience is receptive of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home