Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Bonding & Stuff

Yesterday I was invited to have dinner with some of the Bat Boy gang: Malary, Donald, Giana, Jessica, Oscar & Ben. We ate at Mi Casa Too down the street from rehearsal since Donald & I were called in at 6:30 instead of 7. A good time was had by all. It was great to hang out with these guys... I miss social interaction, even though I'm not a big talker. It has dawned upon me recently that now that I have graduated I have been cycling through friends based on what play I am doing at the moment. This is the life of an actor... no consistency... no stable relationships... Nice, huh?

Tonight Giana mentioned that she'd be giving the valentines that she had made for myself and Amanda Alvey to us in June. Amanda and I both posed the question "You mean you're still going to be our friend in June?" since BAT BOY closes in March. Giana seemed to think we were mad for even thinking such a thought, so hopefully it proves true and the Bat Boy friendships will break all theatre rules and live on.

The friends I made in my three years at UNR have completely abandoned me in the course of a couple of months. It's really quite sad that the only UNR thespians that I speak to and consider my friends are those that have moved away or have graduated and are about to move away (Paige & Kim)...

But back to BAT BOY...

Last night's rehearsal dealt with brushing up on the stuff we haven't really went over and the stuff that we have beaten into the ground but still can't seem to grasp. It was pretty productive, and "Dance With Me, Darling" is getting better and better (maybe not vocally, but at least visually)... Poor Malary was losing her voice throughout the night and almost was made to mouth her dialogue in the flashback scene at the end. She demanded that she say the lines herself and won the battle against the directors. The flashback is definitely one of the highlights of the show for both of us now, and once we get lights and the band, it's going to be a riot.

Tonight it's back to working the principal stuff. I can't wait... just as long as it's not DWMD again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home