Wednesday, March 23, 2005

We were so much better...

Randomly checking my BAT BOY links that I've compiled throughout my lengthy obsession for the show, I stumbled upon something on the official page for Tim Driesen that I never noticed before. Tim was in the ensemble of the London Cast of BAT BOY and was the understudy for Bat Boy & Rick/Lorraine (among others I think). He has a slideshow posted on his Bat Boy page linked above which shows pretty much every scene that Edgar/Bat Boy is in... and boy does it look as if the London Cast stripped the show of its humor 100%. It looks as if they're doing "Ordinary People" or something... except for the fake blood that is... The pictures look so boring. I can see why the London show failed to attract much of an audience. There is more to BAT BOY than pretty singing (which the London Cast had since they had Deven May onboard from the Off-Broadway cast... and Emma Williams has a really great voice, too)... the big draw is the execution of the humor alongside of all of the drama and "horror." Their Dr. Parker (Johnny Barr) does look exceptionally creepy in all of his pictures, though... even when he probably isn't trying to be.

Damn, why didn't we get an actual review of our show? I'm really upset about that. I was hoping to have another little quote for my website... anytime I have a substantial role in a show I don't get mentioned or the whole show doesn't get reviewed at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home