Saturday, March 26, 2005

We are Family

It's so strange how close the BAT BOY cast has become. Never before have I remained in such close contact with people I've done shows with. I didn't know 95% of these people before rehearsals began.. and now.. I get a phone call every day from one of them inviting me to a group get-together. It's pretty amazing. I definitely hope that these friends last. You never know in the world of theatre... especially since to actually pursue theatre means not being in Reno, Nevada (unless it somehow becomes some cultural mecca for theatre arts. Ha. It is to laugh). I want to be able to have these people as part of my Tony Award speech, Oscar speech or Emmy speech. I want to have a group of close friends for once in my life.

I brought the London Bat Boy recording home to Fallon with me. My family can't get enough of the show. The London Cast Recording pales in comparison now. I also listened to the bootleg that my sister made of us. If we had better production values for our recording.. it would seriously kick ass. Let's get us in a studio pronto! It's too bad that copyright infringement exists... it's so hard for creative people to make money, that I definitely see why it's necessary to have laws.

One cool thing that I noticed after I splurged on musical cds yesterday: the stores were out of copies of BAT BOY. I know that I was approached after one of the performances by audience members asking if we had copies of the cd available... so I'm guessing people that saw our show snatched up the remaining copies in town. I'd like to think that's the reason there were none left anyway.

I feel like I'm going to run out of BAT BOY related stuff to say in this blog soon... so if anyone at all wants to chime in with some response that can keep the commentary going, that would be awesome. Anyone can post a comment... just click away. Otherwise I'll have to just post about random inadequacies and opinions on theatre until I can get into another show or at least go to another audition.

I wonder what my next show will be. I've done so few musicals that it'd be safe to say that the next show will be a straight play.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey John! I better be in all your speeches! Ha Ha! Had fun talking with you last night at Donald's. Want to talk to you about some new info I got on N.Y.C. I also wanted to ask you about shows that you might want to see if you are still interested. Give me a call whenever you get a chance. Tell your family I said Happy Easter. Just because it's cool, I thought I would tell you that I'm at my parent's house and for the first time saw a bunny in the back yard. Day before Easter? Weird huh? I thought that was funny. On a Bat Boy related note, "The Easter Bunny is on what is commonly known as a "Rampage!" See ya! -Lorraine (The Prego)

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo John, Thanks again for coming to the little fiesta last night. I hope you had a good time. Awesome to hear about the BB CD's being all sold out from stores around town. It would be cool to get our own little fan-base going here in Reno. My Mom had 2 people come up to her in Costco because she was wearing the t-shirt!! Have a Happy Easter!!

Donald "Bat Boy (or uh, Edgar)"

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home