Monday, March 28, 2005

The Aftermath of BAT BOY

Now that BAT BOY has closed and I have my evenings open for the foreseeable future, it's time to get back into shape. BAT BOY didn't provide me much physical activity since I basically just stood (or stumbled) around looking menacing. Since my day consisted of waking up, going to work, basically sitting on my ass for 8 hours, driving home to grab my stuff and then driving to BAT BOY rehearsals to either sit around for a few more hours or walk through blocking, I didn't get much physical activity to counterbalance my 100% fast food diet.

Time to lose the weight.

I've been wanting to get headshots for the longest time (since actors need to have headshots if they ever hope to pursue a career), but I've never been at a weight that I deemed headshot worthy. I'll hopefully be able to get them by the end of the year.

I also have a ten-year high school reunion to prepare for this August. Yes, I'm that old.

On that note: the woman who drove my family into Reno to see the final performance of BAT BOY actually believed that I was in my forties. She may have slightly been affected by the knowledge that my sisters are actually in their forties, but she turned to my sister and asked "How old is your brother?" and said something to the effect of me being in my early forties. My sister pulled out pictures of me w/out my Dr. Parker makeup to prove that I was, indeed, 27.

I guess I didn't have to worry about not looking old enough to be the father of a couple of teenagers in the show. At least not as far as this one woman was concerned. Now hopefully I'm not starting to look that old in real life... then we'd have a problem.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so does that mean you are going to come work out with me? Of course that would mean that you would have to actually call me! Come on John, I can keep you so busy you won't have time for the blues, but you have to uphold your end of the bagain and stay in touch. :o)
Love ya!
Your Ruthie

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home