Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Attitude Adjustment

The depression is sinking in. The feeling of restlessness.

Once a show ends for me, I get back to feeling trapped somewhere I don't want to be.

Summer, always the one to comment on how happy I was during rehearsal, came up to me at Donald's party and asked why I looked so down. She was genuinely concerned over why I wasn't smiling. This is how things go for me. Sad, huh? Some people standing around commented that I was sad that BAT BOY was over. I definitely was sad that BAT BOY was over, but this is not a feeling that is exclusive to BAT BOY.I don't really seem to have much to entertain myself outside of theatre. I honestly don't enjoy much outside of the entertainment field. I enjoy writing screenplays and making movies... being an extra on a movie set... even going to movies... once those things stop for me, it's a very depressing existence. There are plans to go see SIN CITY on Friday, so that will be good for me.

My old UNR friends that haven't talked to me since I've done a show over there always made it clear that they thought I was strange for feeling this way. I think that feeling this was is a good thing, really. It's good motivation. Succeed or be miserable

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is me posting a comment!

-Amanda
P.S. When I get back from California, I want to have a movie night at my house. I will make dinner and we will most likely watch Waiting for Guffman or The Goonies (or something similar) Let me know what nights work best for you, so I can get an idea of what night is best for everyone.
Thanks

7:04 PM  
Blogger John said...

I am *so* there. Can we sit there and quote them? I know that would be pretty annoying to people who hadn't seen the movies... I wouldn't want to spoil the experience of watching either of those movies for anyone.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, we are so watching the goonies so that we can quote. Um, Friday and Saturday nigts are best since I am still in school (stupid classes), but any night except Thursday would work. Want me to bring anything?
Jess

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home