Yay for Comments!
It's great to see everyone commenting on the blog. It makes me really happy when I check out the page and see new numbers for comments. Comment away people! No matter how redundant or stupid, I will love them all!
I never did get a chance to comment on my purchase from the other day, before Donald's cast party: the three random musical cast recordings. So far, I've only really been able to listen to the SNOOPY! The Musical recording. Most of the songs are boring, but there are a couple of them in there that make the whole musical worth seeing and/or performing in. The song "Edgar Allan Poe" is my new obsession. I've decided that my favorite musical selections are those with a big gimmick to them: rounds or repetitiveness and such. "Edgar Allan Poe" features the characters Peppermint Patty, Sally, Lucy, Linus & Charlie Brown singing about, you guessed it, Edgar Allan Poe. Actually, the girls are just freaking out about not knowing anything about Edgar Allan Poe and hoping (or praying) the teacher doesn't call on them while the guys are the ones that actually are giving Poe's biography (though some of the stuff sounds like it might just be randomly thrown out there.. there isn't a lyric book with the cd). The other song I like has a whole rhyming/repeating thing going on that's fun.
I hope that one of the groups around town does this show soon so I can audition.
In other musical news, I'm still waiting for the JUST SO cast recording that was supposed to be released last November to be released. The site says "not before the end of March" and says to keep checking the site for news.. well, it's the end of March and no news saying WHEN the cd will be released. It sucks because the Mary Poppins cast recording was recorded long after (the new songs from the production are done by the same composer/lyricist team as JUST SO) but is being released next week. I'm pissed. I want to hear what the show was SUPPOSED to sound like (since our director cast most of the guy parts with females because UNR didn't have enough good guy singers...) I even lost out on the lead male role to a female, but she was my friend and did an awesome job (way better than I could have done). I had a fun role anyhow(you can see lots of pictures from that show on my site). I'm really curious to hear how my songs from that show sound on the recording.
Enough random blabbering, I guess.
I never did get a chance to comment on my purchase from the other day, before Donald's cast party: the three random musical cast recordings. So far, I've only really been able to listen to the SNOOPY! The Musical recording. Most of the songs are boring, but there are a couple of them in there that make the whole musical worth seeing and/or performing in. The song "Edgar Allan Poe" is my new obsession. I've decided that my favorite musical selections are those with a big gimmick to them: rounds or repetitiveness and such. "Edgar Allan Poe" features the characters Peppermint Patty, Sally, Lucy, Linus & Charlie Brown singing about, you guessed it, Edgar Allan Poe. Actually, the girls are just freaking out about not knowing anything about Edgar Allan Poe and hoping (or praying) the teacher doesn't call on them while the guys are the ones that actually are giving Poe's biography (though some of the stuff sounds like it might just be randomly thrown out there.. there isn't a lyric book with the cd). The other song I like has a whole rhyming/repeating thing going on that's fun.
I hope that one of the groups around town does this show soon so I can audition.
In other musical news, I'm still waiting for the JUST SO cast recording that was supposed to be released last November to be released. The site says "not before the end of March" and says to keep checking the site for news.. well, it's the end of March and no news saying WHEN the cd will be released. It sucks because the Mary Poppins cast recording was recorded long after (the new songs from the production are done by the same composer/lyricist team as JUST SO) but is being released next week. I'm pissed. I want to hear what the show was SUPPOSED to sound like (since our director cast most of the guy parts with females because UNR didn't have enough good guy singers...) I even lost out on the lead male role to a female, but she was my friend and did an awesome job (way better than I could have done). I had a fun role anyhow(you can see lots of pictures from that show on my site). I'm really curious to hear how my songs from that show sound on the recording.
Enough random blabbering, I guess.


5 Comments:
Ok, so you have a blog and Suzie has her website
www.unr.nevada.edu/~slang and my roomies and I are feeling left out. Wanna help us set something up? J/K. Hey, will you share your Snoopy CD? It sounds very interesting and I'm tired of listening to Paul's Frog and Toad soundtrack. If your real job will let you, you should do children's theatre with Amanda, Jeff, Tony and I. Tuesday, Thursday mornings. If not, then you'll have to at least come see it.
Call me! Jess
Unfortunately, I wont be able to get out of work for Childrens Theatre so all of my drama work has to happen at night... I'll definitely share my Snoopy cd.. I'm liking more and more of it the more I listen to it :)
Can't wait to hear the cd. So you're coming on Thursday, right? If not you have to tell me exactly where the karaoke is because I have a group that wants to go. Later,
Jess
Can't wait to hear the cd. So you're coming on Thursday, right? If not you have to tell me exactly where the karaoke is because I have a group that wants to go. Later,
Jess
Can't wait to hear the cd. So you're coming on Thursday, right? If not you have to tell me exactly where the karaoke is because I have a group that wants to go. Later,
Jess
Post a Comment
<< Home