Parker Family Reunion
Last night I got a call from Michelle to come down to the TMCC theater and hang out with some of the gang from BAT BOY. Over the span of the night (which included bowling at the Hilton), I was reunited with my wife and daughter. It was great to see them again. It felt like forever since I'd seen them, but it's only been a week.
Apparently the plan is still on for a "BAT BOY LITE" production sometime in the future. It will be great to get together again to sing those songs. We'll definitely need a brush up rehearsal if this ends up going through.
The stores around town have restocked the BAT BOY cast recordings. It used to be pretty difficult to find copies of this cd, but it has apparently picked up enough interest in the city that the retailers deem it necessary to get more than one copy now.
Amanda and I spent some of last night talking over our planned NYC trip. We're trying to decide what shows to see (which is sort of hard to do given that shows close randomly on Broadway all of the time). I am so incredibly excited to finally be going to New York (though plans aren't even cemented yet). One thing we did decide is that if we don't see WICKED in New York, we'll check out the touring company in San Francisco (hopefully it isn't sold out already... I wouldn't be surprised). It pretty much comes down to whether or not we want to see the original Dr. Parker (Sean McCourt) live on stage. Or if Ben Vereen is still in the show (or someone equally cool)...
Still no news on UNR's summer show or the 2005-2006 season.
Apparently the plan is still on for a "BAT BOY LITE" production sometime in the future. It will be great to get together again to sing those songs. We'll definitely need a brush up rehearsal if this ends up going through.
The stores around town have restocked the BAT BOY cast recordings. It used to be pretty difficult to find copies of this cd, but it has apparently picked up enough interest in the city that the retailers deem it necessary to get more than one copy now.
Amanda and I spent some of last night talking over our planned NYC trip. We're trying to decide what shows to see (which is sort of hard to do given that shows close randomly on Broadway all of the time). I am so incredibly excited to finally be going to New York (though plans aren't even cemented yet). One thing we did decide is that if we don't see WICKED in New York, we'll check out the touring company in San Francisco (hopefully it isn't sold out already... I wouldn't be surprised). It pretty much comes down to whether or not we want to see the original Dr. Parker (Sean McCourt) live on stage. Or if Ben Vereen is still in the show (or someone equally cool)...
Still no news on UNR's summer show or the 2005-2006 season.


7 Comments:
OOOOOO You Punks!!! Why didn't you guys call me? I'm now on what is commonly known as a "rampage" lol. John, did you guys recieve any info about when we will be able to snag the show DVD? I'm dying to watch it again! Also, I think next week I may finally be getting my copy of our Footloose performance. Are you interested in watching it one night, or getting a copy, little Garvin? OK dude, I'm off to Vegas tomorrow (it's the social event of the season) so have a nice weekend, later on.
Donny "Edgar"
Edgar! You're still alive! Nice to hear from you again, Donald! We had a fun time randomly quoting the show to throw each other off at bowling. The rampage line is a favorite one, it seems.
No idea about the DVD, though I'm dying to see it, too. I'd DEFINITELY be up for both watching and getting a copy of FOOTLOOSE. Call me the minute you get it! hehehe. (I think the night she recorded was a crappy night for me performance-wise, though, so it'll definitely be cringe-worthy)
Have fun in Vegas!
Love, Dad.
You guys are punks! Michelle is going to get a piece of my mind when I see her tonight! As far as the DVD goes, I have no idea, but Carolyn is taking the tape to the main campus to copy ten at a time next week. I keep telling her that everyone is desperate for a copy so maybe if I show her this... Anyway I'll post it here when the copies are in.
Jess
Dang it all!!! You punks!!!
I know I'm not part of the imediate family or not even a second/distant cousin but angry townsperson #128 would like to hang out with people too... :(
I promise I won't stare at you all creepy, or wield a hammer... I, I'm not really sure how to spell wield.... And I'm not adding any Clever lines from the script... thats how sad i am. :(
nic
Awww... you know I love you, angry townsperson #128! I didn't know I'd be staying as long as I did (it sort of happened in steps), but had it been a planned thing, I would have definitely called you.
And my little Ruthie, good to hear about the video! i don't think anyone cares whether it's VHS or DVD as long as we get a copy :) ...though dvd's are less likely to get destroyed (or wear out from overplaying). I already have a ton of people that want to borrow it once i get it.
Definitely give Michelle a piece of your mind :) Actually, I don't know why I was invited last night randomly.. everyone else was just heading out after theater class.
(drumroll) THA CHAMP IS HERE!!!!!! (drumroll) THA CHAMP IS HERE!!!!!!! thats right folks, the champ has arrived....and man am i tired...it is hard damn work being so good at bowling. Stomping so many mudholes and just walking them dry all night long hehe. John John, Michelle, Amanda, Bud, and summer all got taken DOWNTOWN TO CHINATOWN BABY!!!!!! And hey, if the rest of you's guys wanna roll along next time???? Well, thats just more names to add to the list as far as I am concerned. So, in closing if ya want some??? Come get some??? DONT SING IT.....BRING IT!!!!!!! peace out everyone, i love u guys.......big O.........OUT!!!!
Bring it Sheriff. I can take you anytime, day or night. Just remember to bring a hanky, cuz you'll be sent home cryin.
Post a Comment
<< Home