Work of Art
The "Work of Art" project is continuing at UNR and has encompassed another of UNR's productions. In case you hadn't read this on one of my other postings, this journal was originally started as part of the Work of Art project while I was a cast member in Nevada Repertory Company's production of The Quick-Change Room directed by Dr. Bob Dillard. A little work was done with the project with Footloose, as well, but not at the same scale. With Quick-Change, we had students at rehearsals every night writing journals of what they saw, and a full-scale photo shoot. There will be a book released sometime in the next few months with pictures and journal entries published in it. ...Just then I realized that there may be pictures of me in my underwear in a book. Oh God. Anyway...
This time around, it's William Shakespeare's MACBETH that is being documented. Last night was Tech Watch, where the crew assembles to see basically a runthrough of the show without any of the fun stuff (lights, sound, etc). Through the Work of Art project, according to the News & Review, tech watch as wel as most of tech week is open to the public. I find that very bizarre in that people can easily get in the way during tech week. I may end up checking out the show before I actually pay to see it (my lovely $1 Alpha Psi Omega honorary theatre fraternity comp ticket... woohoo! I have one for each show for life, baby! Unless they cut the budget that bad someday)
This time around, it's William Shakespeare's MACBETH that is being documented. Last night was Tech Watch, where the crew assembles to see basically a runthrough of the show without any of the fun stuff (lights, sound, etc). Through the Work of Art project, according to the News & Review, tech watch as wel as most of tech week is open to the public. I find that very bizarre in that people can easily get in the way during tech week. I may end up checking out the show before I actually pay to see it (my lovely $1 Alpha Psi Omega honorary theatre fraternity comp ticket... woohoo! I have one for each show for life, baby! Unless they cut the budget that bad someday)


2 Comments:
When are you going? I was thinking about going to check it out before I go on the 15, just cuz I can. I was thinking Sunday, providing I have a vehicle (cross your fingers, a neighbor of a friend is selling theirs) and my homework done... Whatchya think?
Jess
Hey, ya'll, I'm just showing how a blog works to my roomie. So how's it gowin'? Anyone who wants to needs to come see Macbeth on Friday night!
JEss
PS: It is my birthday party so you better show up or I'll beat you with a wet noodle!
Post a Comment
<< Home