Further Adventures of the new theater company
Anyone check out the News and Review for this week? There's an article in there about the new theatre company I wrote about in my last entry. I become increasingly thankful the more I hear about this group. This guy is insane. He doesn't even want his actors to be happy. Definitely not the place for me. Even though I am very committed to my characters, I know how dangerous it is to linger in a character, especially the kinds of characters that are in the plays he's producing... not only does the guy want method actors, he doesn't want happy actors.
Now a lot of actors aren't happy to begin with. I'm certainly not a happy person, but when I'm doing a show (as Summer will attest), I'm a very smiley and happy person (at least on the outside). I would most likely do bodily harm to myself during a run with previously-mentioned-new-theatre-company.
I can't access MySpace at work, so I'll be posting here during most of my breaks... I may get to the point where I drive home at lunch to post something on MySpace (and eat). Hope everyone is doing well!
Now a lot of actors aren't happy to begin with. I'm certainly not a happy person, but when I'm doing a show (as Summer will attest), I'm a very smiley and happy person (at least on the outside). I would most likely do bodily harm to myself during a run with previously-mentioned-new-theatre-company.
I can't access MySpace at work, so I'll be posting here during most of my breaks... I may get to the point where I drive home at lunch to post something on MySpace (and eat). Hope everyone is doing well!


2 Comments:
Crikey, I'm glad I had to work late that day and couldn't make it either. That would be like I don't know, hell I guess would be the word.
Are you just so glad that you can now run home for lunch? I get to do that on Wed and Fri and I love it. It uses a little more gas but I think not buying food makes up for that.
oh Jezu!
I'm gone for a week and you don't post anything?!
I'm just a little dissapointed.. :) just kidding!
Love everyone!
see ya!
nicki
Post a Comment
<< Home