Something Fun I Stole...
Over on Lindsay-from-the-batboard's LiveJournal she had posted the following little quiz of sorts. I noticed it on some other peoples journals, so I figured that I should post it, too. I had a really hard time thinking of 10 musicals that I know well enough to even have a favorite song from... but here are the directions:
ONE: Pick 10 musicals.
TWO: Post them and see who can guess which song of each musical is your favorite (by leaving a comment with their guesses).
THREE: Once someone guesses right, bold that row and include your favorite song.
1. Bat Boy - Comfort and Joy (Yay, Jess!)
2. Wicked - No Good Deed
3. Assassins - The Ballad of Booth
4. You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown - The Doctor Is In
5. Avenue Q - I Wish I Could Go Back to College (Since out of all of the songs, this was the ONE song that no one guessed, I decided to post it).
6. Snoopy! The Musical - Edgar Allan Poe
7. Les Miserables - Empty Chairs At Empty Tables
8. Just So - Does The Moment Ever Come? (I figured I'd just post this one since Nicki was the only one who even attempted to guess-since she was probably the only one who saw the show)
9. Footloose - Mama Says (this one is kind of bogus, because I like some of the other songs better, but since this wasn't already a pop song, I'll give Donald this one - heh)
10. Rent - Rent
ONE: Pick 10 musicals.
TWO: Post them and see who can guess which song of each musical is your favorite (by leaving a comment with their guesses).
THREE: Once someone guesses right, bold that row and include your favorite song.
1. Bat Boy - Comfort and Joy (Yay, Jess!)
2. Wicked - No Good Deed
3. Assassins - The Ballad of Booth
4. You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown - The Doctor Is In
5. Avenue Q - I Wish I Could Go Back to College (Since out of all of the songs, this was the ONE song that no one guessed, I decided to post it).
6. Snoopy! The Musical - Edgar Allan Poe
7. Les Miserables - Empty Chairs At Empty Tables
8. Just So - Does The Moment Ever Come? (I figured I'd just post this one since Nicki was the only one who even attempted to guess-since she was probably the only one who saw the show)
9. Footloose - Mama Says (this one is kind of bogus, because I like some of the other songs better, but since this wasn't already a pop song, I'll give Donald this one - heh)
10. Rent - Rent


21 Comments:
All right. For Bat Boy it's Dance with Me Darling. Not really, I know we had that discussion already:o) Is it the Bat Boy/Shelly duet because you Amanda and I had so much fun backstage?
Charlie Brown- Edgar Allan Poe the report that the boys do
avenue Q- B.A. in English
And the others I don't know well enough to even try to guess
Hmm... you've got the right song for the wrong musical, Jess :) Can't give that one to ya.
OK John, I'll give this a shot:
1.Bat Boy: Inside Your Heart
2.Wicked: Popular
3.Assassins: Unworthy of your Love
4.You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown: My Blanket and Me
5.Avenue Q: What Do You Do With a BA in English/It Sucks to be Me
6.Snoopy! The Musical: Edgar Allen Poe
7.Les Miserables: At the End of the Day
8.Just So: ????
9.Footloose: Mama Says
10.Rent: What You Own
How did I do, Dad??
Donny (Edgar)
If you think of the most gimmicky songs from all of these, they're most likely my favorites... Bat Boy is really hard since I pretty much like the whole thing. Then again, so is Avenue Q.
You can go onto http://www.stilesanddrewe.co.uk to listen to clips of JUST SO, Donald, and then maybe you can guess... the one I like the most is on there..
The bad part about this is that there are so few musicals that I own the recordings of, and if I do own the recording it's because I'm pretty obsessed with the show... meaning I probably like more than one song.
Yeah, after I posted and went to bed I was like "oh crap I think I did the wrong musical. Oh well, I need sleep." Just like I said I was inept at technological things. Right idea, but wrong word. I tell ya, UNR has taken my brain! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Oh is Bat Boy Comfort and Joy?
avenue Q--- Purpose... "is that little flame... that lights a fire, under your ass..."
nic
wicked---- wonderful...?
nic
Just So---- the limpopo river?
well I liked that one the best..
nic
not much time, so I'll only guess one right now! Les Mis- Master of the House! If it's not, Oh well, it's my favorite! -Amanda
Aww... Suzie, you picked some of Donald's guesses which I already said were wrong (by not adding them), but you did get the Les Miz one!
Nicki, I really love Limpopo River, but I like this other one a little bit better.. actually, I'll give another hint (for those of you who even saw JUST SO) it's not "If," which I liked singing the most. I didn't actually sing this particular song in the show, but I sang it in callbacks.
Oh! Also, Suzie, The song you picked for Snoopy is one of my other favorites... I also like "Clouds" a lot.
For wicked, is it One Short Day? My second guess would be What is this Feeling...
John, I've got this one baby.
Avenue Q: The Internet is for Porn
Donny (Bat Boy)
Wow.. didn't think it would be this hard.. hehe :)
More hints:
Wicked is an Elphaba song... Avenue Q is a group song...
I'm not that girl for Wicked?
I've got it John!!!
Avenue Q: Everyone's A Little Bit Racist
Donny
You know what's funny? Tonight at Jess's place, Nicki and Amanda listed every Avenue Q song EXCEPT for the one that I like the most.
Holy crap John, you still posted when you got home! I think I got to bed around 4:30, how about you? I guess that's the life of those "actor types". (That was for you Amanda:o)
Anywhos, thanks to all of you who cam last night, to those who couldn't make it, I still love ya and hope to see you around sometime. and I'll see a few of you tonight! Kisses!
Jess
Hey Guys,
I'm apologizing for not making it last night, especially to Jess. I really don't have a good excuse, other than to say that if I had tried to drive there, I probably would be in jail with a DUI right now. What started as a few friendly drinks turned into some hardcore, com"pettit"ive beer pong games. Sorry again, hope you can forgive your dear, sweet Edgar (or am I an ABOMINATION!). By the way John (and anyone else), check out my MSN page sometime. We shall watch Footloose soon.
http://spaces.msn.com/members/donnymuck/
Donny (Edgar)
Even though you are an abomination, I forgive you and will still shake your hand when you walk by because you did the correct thing. Hope to see ya around Donny (Edgar).
Jess
Since you posted that you had an msn page on your myspcae page, i think i've been there about 7 times.. heh.
I actually posted a comment on your myspace page about it this morning (afternoon, maybe.. sometime before I went to see Amityville Horror-which kicks ass, btw)
Post a Comment
<< Home