Bigger Disappointments Make Actors Stronger
So, I didn't get cast in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown at WNCC, but I have to think that it wasn't anything that I could control. I believe, wholeheartedly, that my conflicts were just too much to overlook. It's too bad that I ended up doing The Price (Jack Neal panned my performance in that one, BTW. My first bad Jack Neal review, but it made no sense).
Back on the Charlie Brown note: I was called back for Charlie Brown, Schroeder, and Linus, the three parts I indicated on my form. I didn't think I'd make a good Snoopy. They ended up auditioning me for that role at callbacks anyway. I was the only guy out of everyone that auditioned that was called back for every male role. I was one of two people up for CB, one of 4 (I think) for Schroeder and one of 3 for Linus. This result alone makes me believe I was pretty good. The other auditioners were pretty into me, too. I elicited responses from nearly everyone everytime I'd sing or do a reading. Good responses. Most people came up to me after auditions and told me I'd nailed it or that they'd already cast me in their head as Charlie Brown.
Then the cast list was posted.
It's these kinds of experiences that really help to build an actor. To lose out on a show you want to be in so desperately and still come out of things wanting to audition again really shows drive and determination. You need to be strong to make it as an actor. You need to be prepared for rejection at all times. You'll be rejected a millions times before you get a handful of acceptances.
I hope to do the show in the future.
Back on the Charlie Brown note: I was called back for Charlie Brown, Schroeder, and Linus, the three parts I indicated on my form. I didn't think I'd make a good Snoopy. They ended up auditioning me for that role at callbacks anyway. I was the only guy out of everyone that auditioned that was called back for every male role. I was one of two people up for CB, one of 4 (I think) for Schroeder and one of 3 for Linus. This result alone makes me believe I was pretty good. The other auditioners were pretty into me, too. I elicited responses from nearly everyone everytime I'd sing or do a reading. Good responses. Most people came up to me after auditions and told me I'd nailed it or that they'd already cast me in their head as Charlie Brown.
Then the cast list was posted.
It's these kinds of experiences that really help to build an actor. To lose out on a show you want to be in so desperately and still come out of things wanting to audition again really shows drive and determination. You need to be strong to make it as an actor. You need to be prepared for rejection at all times. You'll be rejected a millions times before you get a handful of acceptances.
I hope to do the show in the future.


1 Comments:
You will...I know it! Adam SUCKS and Stephanie is totally regretting her casting choices. I'm proud of you for being so positive about this. After seeing the tape on Sunday, you have to know that it wasn't in your control and that there was nothing you could have done to be better because you were amazing...you ARE amazing. I love you and can't wait to finally see you play this role, the one you are destined to play.
Post a Comment
<< Home